There are many substances that have addictive properties. However, these numerous substances have not been tried by most people. Also, people who have tried them, does not really abuse them or get dependent. The vulnerability to substance-related disorders matters and is seen as the reason for this. There are many theories to actually prove it.
Deficiencies on morality was seen as the reason as to why people get addicted to drugs and alcohol.. Not exerting control over one’s impulses, being weak, and being bad are the perception among drug and alcohol addicts. Since 1960s, that view has largely been replaced by the disease model of addiction, which views drug and alcohol addiction as an incurable physical disease, like epilepsy or diabetes. This model has been supported somewhat by research on the genetics and biology of drug and alcohol addiction, but there clearly are social and psychological forces that make some people more prone to these disorders than are others. The vulnerability of an individual to substance abuse and dependence is increased by factors such as biological, social, and psychological.
When we talk about biological theories, it is one of the most prominent in the literature on substance- related disorders. There are typically three reasons for this. First, there are many theorists that attribute the vulnerability to these disorders to genetics. Second, people who develop substance abuse or dependence may react differently physiologically to substances than those who become dependent or abusive. Third, some theorists have argued that drug and alcohol addiction really represents an underlying biological depression. These are drug and alcohol facts which can aid us to comprehend how it has rise in our lives and in our society. There are still many drug and alcohol facts to help and warn us against its effects. Let us try knowing them one by one.
• Effects of addictive drugs can never be foreseen.
• Drug addiction can lead to death.
• Treatment for drug addiction can be a tedious and gruesome process.
• The production and selling of drugs are illegal in most countries.
• Every year, there is an increase of health problems that are alcohol related.
• There are different categorizations of addictive drugs.
• On most aspects, the effects of alcohol are negative.
• Alcohol serves as a depressant to the body.
• Alcohol has long term effects .
• An individual can be greatly affected even just for a small amount of alcohol.
• Alcohol should never be consumed with medications.
• Alcoholism can be hereditary.
• The exact amount of how alcohol can affect the body is different for every individual.
• A person should never drink with an empty stomach.
• There is a high chance for an individual to become an alcoholic if his or her parents have histories of alcohol addiction.
• Alcohol can cause major damage to the liver.
• A whole lot of money is used in a yearly consumption of alcohol in every country.
• Prolonged alcohol use can cause weight gain.
• According to several research studies, violence can likely happen when there is presence of alcohol use.
• As early as 11 years old, children are said by statistics to have tasted alcohol.
• Alcohol can be a poison to children.
Information on drug and alcohol facts are numerous and important for everyone.